Unwind at The Heron Campground
Camping in New York State
Connect to the land and farm at The Heron! Chose one of our electric RV or primitive campsites. Or, stay at one of our cozy Airbnb campsites.
Our western New York campground features over 400 acres of woods, wetlands, and pastures, including a beach and 4 miles of hiking and biking trails.
Stay With Us. Return to Your Center.
Pack a tent or load up your RV! Camp your way at The Heron, from amp, from secluded walk-in sites to convenient car camping to RV sites with electricity.
Get away from it all or stay close. Campsites range from primitive and secluded woodland nooks, to spots close to amenities and facilities.
The Heron Campground is also home to the Green Heron Growers, featuring certified organic meats and produce raised with care and love on site.
Find your favorite campsite in New York state at The Heron.
Walk-In Woods Campsite $45/night
First-come first-served sites available. Rate is for two campers. Additional campers $22/person. (Park in the Green Lot and walk-in. No vehicles permitted in the woods.)
Car Campsites $45/night
Camp from your car or pitch a tent close by. All sites are first-come first-served without electricity. Rate is for two campers. Additional campers $22/person. (Park in the Green Lot, from the beach to the bath house.)
Quiet Car Campsites $45/night
Enjoy a quiet spot to camp from the convenience of your (or near) your car. All sites are first-come first-served electricity. Rate is for two campers. Additional campers $22/person. (Park in the Orange Lot field and woods.)
Electric/RV Campsites $60/night
Must be reserved on Hipcamp. RVs must be under 35 feet long. Rate is more two campers. Additional campers $25/person. (Dump station available for additional fee.)
Camp at the Heron with ease.
Book a cozy space like the Sanctuary Yurt, the Cafe in the Woods, or one of our quaint campers or pop-ups.
Each Airbnb unit includes a picnic table and fire ring. (Bedding and coolers not provided.)
Facilities & Amenities
The Heron Campground offers a unique backdrop for camping excursions and outdoor exploration. We are surrounded by 400 acres of woods, wetlands and pastures, which means there is a lot of space for every camper to feel as if they have the place to themselves. We boast over 4 miles of wooded trails, so bring your bikes and your hiking shoes and prepare to be immersed in the natural surroundings and landscapes.
Visit our on-site farm store to purchase Heron raised organic beef, chicken, pork, mushrooms and vegetables raised here on our organic farm. The Heron Farm Stand is open 8:00am to 8:00pm daily. It is self-serve and open to campers. Plan to grill our grass-fed steaks on an open fire!
Our sandy beach is open to campers during their stay.
- RV campsites
- Electric sites (no 30 or 50 amp hook-ups)
- Car camping and walk-in wooded sites
- Hot Showers
- Potable Water Stations
- Dump Station
- Porta Johns
- Farm stand with fresh organic meats and produce
- Four miles of maintained hiking and biking trails
- Swimming pond and beach
- Catch and release fishing
- Firewood and ice for purchase
- Pets allowed at tent sites
- Kids under 15 are free.
- Non-overnight guests or visitors may purchase a day-pass for $15.
- The pond is swim at your own risk. Two adults 18 or over must be present in order to use the pond and two adults 18 or over must be present to supervise children, even if one only child is prsent.
- Fishing is permitted and is catch and release only.
- Boats, kayaks, and paddle boards are NOT permitted on the pond.
- Pets are permitted at tent sites only, with an additional pet fee of $20/pet due at registration.
- All pets must be leashed and restrained by their registered owner at all times. Owners must be in control of their pets at all times and pick up after them.
- RV AC use is NOT permitted due to limited electric service.
- Campers are expected to follow posted quiet hours.
The Heron Campground is conveniently located close to Pittsburg, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Erie.
- 30 minutes from Erie, PA
- 2 hours from Pittsburgh, PA
- 2 hours from Cleveland, OH
- 1 hour and 20 minute from Buffalo, NY
- 1 hour and 45 minutes from Niagara Falls, NY
- 2 hours and 20 minutes from Rochester, NY
- 3 hours from Ithaca, NY
- 3.5 hours from Syracuse, NY
GPS Address: 2361 Waits Corners Rd, Sherman, NY
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
The Bathhouse Project
Help us break gound.
After countless design conversations and suggestions from friends like you, we now have architectural plans.
Our new eco-friendly building will have FLUSH toilets, hot showers, and a laundry room. We believe this will make your experience here better than ever! Our guests will have a bathhouse that fits the bright future we envision for The Heron.